Wheels For A Chicken Tractor
A chicken tractor is a great way to move your chickens from one area to another, but it can be difficult to move if you don’t have the right set of wheels. In this article, we’ll talk about how to build a simple set of wheels that will make your chicken tractors easier to move and more enjoyable for both you and your chickens!
A chicken tractor is a portable coop that you move around your yard to give your chickens fresh grass and bugs. The benefits of using a chicken tractor are:
- Chickens can forage for their food, which will lead to healthier eggs and meat.
- You don’t need to use up all your garden space just for growing vegetables (they can eat those too!).
- You’ll have less work chasing down the chickens when they get out of the coop.
Make a Plan and Get Supplies
With so many options to choose from, it can be confusing to know where to start. The first step is deciding how big your chicken tractor will be and how many chickens you want it to hold. How much money do you have available? Do you have enough time? These are all questions that will help you decide what kind of wheels for a chicken tractor is right for your needs.
Step One: Attach the Axle and Wheels
Attach the axle to the frame.
- Attach an axle to the chicken tractor frame, using a drill and appropriate hardware. You’ll want to attach it as close to the center of gravity as you can, but don’t worry if that’s not exactly where it ends up when you’re done.
- Lay out your wheels on top of each other and then place them onto your axles. If they don’t fit properly when lined up like this, flip one wheel around until they do fit together perfectly in terms of size and alignment with each other.
Step Three: Attach The Handle
- Attach the handle to your chicken tractor. To do this, you will use a screwdriver or drill to secure the bolt that comes with your handle into place at the top of each leg.
- The bolt should be long enough for you to tighten it with a pair of pliers after installing it into both legs.
A good set of chicken tractor wheels will make moving your chicken tractor much easier.
A good set of chicken tractor wheels will make moving your chicken tractor much easier. Good wheels will be sturdy, but easy to move when you need to move them. A good set of wheels can also be easily stored in a dry place so that they are ready for the next time you need them.
These are the steps you need to take when installing wheels on your chicken tractor. If you follow this process, your chickens will have a much easier time moving around in their new home and won’t be able to damage it as much!