What Weight Is Considered A Medium Sized Dog
You may be wondering what the specific weight for a medium sized dog is, and the answer is that it varies depending on who you talk to.
Medium Sized dog breeds
American Pit Bull Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier (continued)
Boxer, American and English variants
Dalmatian (but not the Rough-Coated)
American Pit Bull Terrier
- Weight range: 20–30 pounds
- Height range: 13–16 inches
- Life expectancy: 8–12 years
- Examples of purebred American Pit Bull Terriers include:
Snowball, a female who weighed 30 lbs and stood 14.5 inches tall at the shoulder. Her owner said that she was very friendly and playful, but could also be aggressive if provoked by another dog or person.
American Staffordshire Terrier
We have a list of some of the most popular medium sized dogs here, but there are also many other options. If you’re not sure what size is best for your family and lifestyle, check out our guide to choosing a large dog breed.
Boxers are a large breed of dog and are considered to be medium sized dogs.
The Boxer is a medium sized dog with a short coat and an average energy level.
The Boxer was originally bred to be a guard dog, but they are now often used as family pets. They are commonly used in therapy programs because of their friendly personality and easygoing demeanor.
- Cane Corso is a large, muscular dog.
- The Cane Corso is a working dog, but it can also be a good guard dog and family pet.
The Dalmatian is a medium sized dog with an average weight of 60 pounds and a height of 21-26 inches. The average life expectancy for the Dalmatian is 10 to 14 years, which can be extended if you keep up with exercise and grooming.
- Food: Your Dalmatian should eat ½ to 1 cup dry food per day, split into two meals for optimal digestion.
- Exercise: A healthy Dalmatian needs about 30 minutes of exercise per day in order to stay fit and active! You can take them on walks around your neighborhood or let them play fetch in your yard; just make sure they get enough time outside doing fun activities every day!
- Water consumption: Your pet’s water intake will depend on its size, age and activity level (more water will be needed by puppies than older dogs). It’s generally recommended that you feed your dog one cup of water per pound of body weight daily; however this may vary based upon how active they are – try using our calorie calculator here!
English Bulldog (continued)
The English Bulldog is considered to be a medium sized dog, with an average weight of 60-90 pounds and height of 12-16 inches. It is recommended that they should weigh at least 40 pounds as a puppy, in order to prevent future health issues.
They have an average lifespan of 8-10 years, but are prone to respiratory problems, hip and elbow dysplasia, eye problems such as cataracts or glaucoma.
English Bulldog (cont)
The English Bulldog is a lovable, but stubborn and clumsy dog. They do not require much exercise and are content to spend most of their time relaxing around the house. Their coat is short and smooth, which makes them easy to care for and clean. Due to their body structure, however, they can have some trouble getting up on furniture or climbing stairs due to excess fat build up around their hindquarters.
The average weight of an English Bulldog is 55-80 pounds while the average height is 17-19 inches tall at its withers (the highest point of its back). This breed has a lifespan between 8-10 years depending on geographic location and whether or not he/she was spayed/neutered at an early age.
When selecting a dog, it is important to consider the size of its breed as well as other factors such as temperament and amount of exercise needed. There are many options out there for medium-sized dogs ranging from 13 to 30 pounds in weight. Large dogs require more space and food than smaller breeds; however they may also be better suited if you are looking for protection or companionship around children. We hope this article has given you some insight into what makes up a medium sized dog breed!