Smokey And The Bandit Costume
For Halloween this year, I decided to get out of my comfort zone and be Smokey and the Bandit. In this classic film, Sally Field plays a trucker who takes a bet with her husband that she can’t haul 50 cases of Coors beer from Texarkana, Texas to Atlanta in less than 28 hours. To help her win the bet, she enlists Burt Reynolds’ character Smokey who is an expert at getting around police officers in pursuit of his own agenda (which you’ll have to watch the movie to find out).
Black wide brimmed hat
A black wide brimmed hat is a must for this costume. You can wear a cowboy hat, beanie or fedora. Whatever you choose to wear, it should be black and have a red bandana tied on it. If you decide to go with cowboy boots make sure they are pointed toe and black in color.
For the ladies: For your hair style we recommend loose curls or pigtails that are pinned back by two headbands (one red and one white). Makeup should include red lipstick or lip gloss as well as mascara on the lashes only (no eyeliner).
You can use a red bandanna, a red handkerchief, or even a regular old scarf. Any of these will work for this costume.
You’ll need to wear a black neckerchief. This is common costume attire for men in the 1970s and was often worn by people in the American South, North, West and Midwest. A white collarless shirt will also be necessary.
White tank top
- White tank top
- White jeans
- White shoes, preferably sneakers, with white laces and a white sole. If you can’t find a pair of sneakers that are exactly the right color, use shoe polish to get them as close as possible. Look for something similar to this: http://www.themanfactorystore.com/p/white-sneakers-for-womenfreeshipping_10303_1?ref=cpc&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=12302019
- White belt. The belt should be about 1″ wide, with no decorations or buckles on it other than maybe a simple clasp closure at one end (otherwise it will look like you’re wearing one of those belts that comes with your jeans). You can get one at any department store or thrift shop if they don’t sell them in your local Walmart or Kmart — just make sure it’s 100% cotton!
- White socks—you’ll want these because they’ll keep your ankles from getting sunburned during all those car chase scenes where there’s no shade anywhere nearby except under the cars themselves…and those aren’t going anywhere anytime soon!
Black leather jacket
A leather jacket is a classic piece of clothing, and it’s especially appropriate for this costume. Leather jackets are great ways to stay warm in cooler weather and can be worn with almost any outfit! They’re also a great way to show off your personality.
Jeans are the most common type of pants and are usually worn by people who want to look casual. Jeans can be made from cotton, polyester or a combination of both, depending on what kind of jeans you’re wearing. People wear different types of jeans for different occasions:
- Dress: These jeans are more expensive than regular ones and have a more formal appearance. They’re often worn during special occasions like weddings or funerals because they look good with dressy shirts and jackets.
- Distressed: These jeans have been faded by washing them in hot water repeatedly so that they look old-fashioned (which is trendy right now). They also tend to have holes in them or be ripped at the knees; this makes them easy for kids who don’t know how to sew yet but still want their own pair!
You’re going to need a pair of black boots for your Smokey costume. These should be tall enough to cover the top of your ankles and comfortable enough for you to walk in all night.
This Halloween turn yourself into a classic movie star.
If you’ve got a group of friends and are looking for a Halloween costume idea, consider turning yourselves into the whole cast of this classic film. You can be Burt Reynolds as Bandit or Sally Field as Daisy. Just make sure that everyone has the right costume on before heading out to the party so no one gets mistaken for someone else!
The Smokey and the Bandit costume is an easy, fun costume that will have you looking like a classic movie star in no time. It seems complicated at first, but once you put on the pieces together it just works!