Plants That Look Like Marijuana
Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug in the United States. It comes from a plant called cannabis sativa, which is related to hemp and hops. The resemblance of this plant to marijuana is how it gained its common name of “marijuana.” However, it’s not related at all and has completely different uses than marijuana (although some people use both plants as medicine). So if you’re new to gardening, be careful when picking out your plants that you buy the right one!
Marijuana looks like a distinctly green plant, with broad leaves and a long stalk.
Marijuana looks like a distinctly green plant, with broad leaves and a long stalk. Marijuana is one of the most commonly used drugs in the world, with nearly 100 million people using it every year globally. While marijuana is grown in many parts of the world today, it originated in Central Asia and South Asia.
The plant is cultivated for its leaves that contain psychoactive compounds called cannabinoids (CBDs), which give users the feeling they get while high on the drug. Cannabis comes from two species: landrace cannabis or hemp (a fiber crop) and sativa or indica (used for both hemp fiber production and recreational cannabis use).
It can be grown outdoors or indoors—and if you live in an area where growing marijuana plants outdoors is legal, you may have tried this already!
The resemblance to marijuana is how this plant gained its common name of…
- The resemblance to marijuana is how this plant gained its common name of “false hemp.” It’s not related to cannabis, so you can use it without worrying about any legal issues.
- False hemp is not a narcotic or hallucinogen. You won’t get high from smoking or eating false hemp seeds or flowers—the effects are purely physical and don’t affect your mental faculties.
…but it is definitely not related to marijuana at all.
- You’ve probably heard about marijuana, a plant that is illegal in many places but legal in others.
- But have you ever heard of marijuana-lookalike plants? These are plants that look like marijuana and people often confuse them for the real thing, but it is definitely not related to marijuana at all.
- Some examples of this include parsley, which is used as an herb or garnish on food dishes. Some people use parsley to make tea because they think it will help with their anxiety or coughs, but really they should just get some actual cannabis instead because they won’t get high off of parsley tea…even though both plants look very similar!
- Other marijuana-lookalikes include marigold flowers (which are actually edible) and rosemary (which has some medicinal qualities).
If you are new to gardening, be careful when picking out your plants that you buy the right plant you want.
If you are new to gardening, be careful when picking out your plants that you buy the right plant. You do not want to go through all of the trouble of growing a marijuana plant only to find out it was not what you thought it was.
First, make sure that your nursery is reputable and has a good reputation in the community. Next, find out what your local laws are regarding growing marijuana so that if someone asks why there is so much weird-looking foliage on top of their roof, they won’t call the police. If possible, ask about the plant before buying it and get as much information as possible about its characteristics: how big does this plant grow? Does it need plenty of water or will it survive in more arid environments? How long can I expect my pot plants to live before they die? Finally, learn how big these things get! If they’re too large for your garden then move them over into someone else’s yard because chances are high that no one will mind having some 5 foot tall marijuana plants growing on their property either way
There are many plants that look like marijuana. It is important to know what your plant looks like and if it resembles marijuana then you should probably stay away from it. You should also make sure that you have researched the plant before buying or planting because there are some plants that look like marijuana but are not related at all.