How Much Chocolate Will Kill A Dog Calculator

How Much Chocolate Will Kill A Dog Calculator

Your dog is your best friend and you want the best for them, but that doesn’t mean they should eat what you do. Chocolate is toxic to dogs. It contains a chemical called theobromine which can be dangerous if too much is ingested. Our calculator will work out how much theobromine your dog will have consumed and whether you need to get them treatment.

Dogs are a man’s best friend, but it doesn’t mean they should eat like one.

If you’re a dog owner, you know that chocolate is toxic to them. While humans can process theobromine and caffeine in small amounts, dogs can’t. Theobromine is the stimulant that makes chocolate so delicious and addictive for us humans — but it’s also highly toxic to dogs. Chocolate contains chemicals called methylxanthines (theobromine, caffeine and theophylline), which are found in cocoa beans used to make your favorite treats. When these compounds get into your pooch’s bloodstream through his or her mouth, they affect their central nervous system:

In large amounts, methylxanthines can cause symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, restlessness and increased heart rate. At very high doses (more than 100mg per kilogram of body weight), these chemicals could result in seizures or death for your furry friend!

What happens if my dog eats chocolate?

Chocolate is toxic for dogs. It contains theobromine, which is a stimulant similar to caffeine. If enough chocolate is eaten, this can cause your dog to have seizures and/or be lethargic or even die.

It’s important to know what types of chocolate are dangerous for your dog so you can keep them out of reach. Below is a list of some common types of chocolate that are dangerous:

  • Dark chocolate (over 50% cacao)
  • Semi-sweet baking chips or morsels
  • Milk Chocolate with at least 10% milk solids by weight (like Hershey’s Special Dark)
ALSO READ:  What Do Mealworms Look Like

Chocolate contains theobromine – which is toxic for dogs.

  • Theobromine is a stimulant to the central nervous system.
  • Theobromine is a diuretic.
  • It can affect your dog’s heart rhythm, cause vomiting, diarrhea and seizures.

How to know if your dog has eaten chocolate?

If your dog has eaten chocolate, there are some signs you can look out for to see if they are in trouble. If you see that your dog is acting strangely or experiencing any of the symptoms below, then it is important to take them to the vet as soon as possible.

  • Isolating themselves
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea or bloody diarrhea

Take them to the vet for treatment

If you’re reading this, it’s likely that your dog has eaten chocolate. The good news is that we’ve got a special formula for determining how much chocolate will kill your dog. As it turns out, the amount of chocolate consumed by a dog can vary significantly depending on many factors like the size and weight of the animal in question. For example:

A 50lb Labrador will probably have more luck with 3 oz of milk chocolate than would 8 oz from a tiny terrier mix. That being said…

If you’re wondering how much your faithful companion may have ingested (whether accidentally or out of spite), our handy calculator should help you figure out exactly how many M&M’s or peanut butter cups are needed to send them into anaphylactic shock!

Find out if your dog needs treatment by using our calculator

  • We’ve created a tool that will help you determine whether or not your dog needs treatment for eating chocolate.
  • The calculator is available on our website here: Just fill in the form and we’ll do the rest!
  • It’s super simple to use and takes only about 30 seconds to complete, so there’s no reason not to get an answer within minutes!
ALSO READ:  Are Huskies Medium Or Large Dogs

If your dog has ingested chocolate, use our calculator to find out how much theobromine they will have consumed and whether you should take them to the vet.

  • If your dog has ingested chocolate, use our calculator to find out how much theobromine they will have consumed and whether you should take them to the vet.
  • The amount of chocolate your dog eats depends on several factors. Your dog’s weight and size are two examples. Therefore, it is difficult to say definitively how much chocolate is too much for a dog – each individual case must be taken on its own merits and treated accordingly.
  • For example: if your small 8-pound poodle ate one ounce of milk chocolate (about 25% cacao), she’d need about three days before showing symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, hyperactivity or restlessness; but with dark 60% cocoa content chocolate – which would only contain 1/5th as much theobromine per gram – she’d need just four hours before exhibiting these signs!
  • However: there are certain guidelines you can follow in order to help determine what constitutes ‘too much’ when it comes down to these kinds of questions…

If you suspect your dog has eaten chocolate, be sure to use our calculator to find out how much theobromine they have consumed. If the amount is above 200mg per kilogram of weight, take them to the vet immediately.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *