Dog Treats With Applesauce And Peanut Butter
As a dog mom, I’m always looking for creative ways to treat my dogs. Over the years I’ve perfected dozens of recipes that are sure to get tails wagging. These treats with applesauce and peanut butter have become a favorite. My pups love everything about them, from the smell to their chewy texture! And best of all, they’re so easy to prepare!
Author: Lila Hale
Lila Hale is a blogger, a dog lover and dog trainer. She has written an article: “15 Healthy Dog Treats With Applesauce And Peanut Butter”.
Recipe Type: Treats
These treats are for dogs. They’re also easy, fun and delicious.
- 1 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened and plain (can also substitute with pumpkin puree)
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter, unsalted and without any other added ingredients
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Measure out the ingredients.
- Mix together all the ingredients until well blended, about 10–15 minutes on low speed with an electric mixer or in a food processor fitted with dough blade.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch (2 cm) balls using your hands or a cookie scoop, and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet about 1 inch (2 cm) apart from each other (you should be able to fit 20–25 cookies).
- Bake at 350°F/180°C for 10–12 minutes until golden brown on top and bottom; remove from oven and let cool down before serving
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the applesauce on the prepared cookie sheet, making sure it covers the whole surface area of the pan.
- Drop peanut butter onto each spot of applesauce, 1 teaspoon at a time (you should have about 20 spots). To make sure they are all even in size and shape, I used my cookie scoop to make small balls of peanut butter and placed them on top of my spread out applesauce. You can also use a spoon or knife if you prefer not wasting any ingredients!
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown but not burnt! Cool completely on wire rack before storing in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in refrigerator—if they last that long 😉
Total Time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Bake time: 20-30 minutes
Cooling time: 10-20 minutes
Serves 4-6 Dogs
Serves: 4-6 Dogs
If you double the recipe, it will serve 8-12 dogs.
If you triple the recipe, it will serve 12-18 dogs.
If you quadruple the recipe, it will serve 16-24 dogs.
Dog will LOVE these!
Dog will LOVE these!
These treats are not only healthy, but they’re also easy to make, store and feed. You can make them in advance so that you always have treats on hand. It’s also great if you want to make a lot of treats at once because they freeze well. And if your dog loves peanut butter, this is a great way to incorporate it into their diet without giving them too much sugar or salt.
All in all, these treats are healthy, easy to make and a big hit with my dog. I hope they’ll become a favorite with your pup as well!